Friday, October 13, 2006

Never Pluck Your Eyebrows Under the Influence

I fell down the stairs the other day and to everyone's disappoinment and Hubby's relief there is no funny story to it. I simply tripped over a dog and landed on my kiester and fell down the stairs. I picked myself after sobbing for an hour in pain. Everything seemed okay. Then yesterday as I was getting supper ready in the morning I could feel my back go and my hips starting to twinge. Hubby drove me to the bank and after seeing to my task I got back into the truck and told him to get him home and once I hit the door everything crashed.

Now today I have some movement but was up early because of Hubby's teeth grinding. So I'm feeling the pain. I took a Robaxa what-ever which is a muscle-relaxant. So now I'm slightly feeling a nice little buzz when I get the idea to pluck my eyebrows. I heat the wax up and apply it carefully. I pressed the strips in to the cooling wax and wait. Then (here's where we cringe) I ripped off the strips. I spewed forth an untterance something like this, "S***, S***, G*d D***, ow, ow, ow, ow, S***" while trying not to jerk my paining back. My nose piercing didn't hurt that much. Tears are streaming down my face as I am trying to breath away the sharp shooting pains through out my hips. (That's the Arthritis) Then I think what possessed me to think this was a good idea.

Now the initial pain has started to subside I take a look. I managed to rip off enough hairs to cause that much pain but not enough to have made a dent in the black forests above my eyes. So what do I do, I do it again! This time thinking the more wax the better. I stabbed the linen cloth into my brows smushing the cloth, waited then once again proceeded to pull the strips off. More pain, more cursing and not enough hairs but just enough pulled to leaved a huge hole surrounded by little black hairs. So I get out the pluckers and did it the old fashioned way which oddly enough, DIDN"T HURT AS MUCH.

I'm going to bed. I think I need sleep.

No comments: