Sunday, October 08, 2006

Good Morning!

My mornings usually consist of my getting up letting dogs out as they wander (more like stampede) down the stairs. I put the coffee on then while that brews, let dogs in and load the previous evening's dishes into the dishwasher or unload it. Once the coffee is ready, I sit with my computer and surf the net or play games while I wake up.

This morning however, my routine got a little shaken up. In between my house and Artist, lives a woman, her two adult children and her teenager daughter. I have countless ideas for an alias for them but I can hear Artist's voice in my head telling me to be nice, so I will refer to them as the Doe's.

Doe's have three big dogs and a little thing that looks like a pug cross. Two of the dogs keep escaping from the fence and love to come to our yard to fence spar. This sets the Airedale off and off course who ever is out there with him. This morning is was my Hubby's rescue, the Corgie X. I managed to get the Airedale and the Long Haired Chihuahua in without a problem but the Corgie X was standing his ground. In the meantime I know these dogs can get into our yard and if they do, good bye Corgie X. Hubby was supposed to have fixed the fence.

I ran out the back door in my bare feet hopping through the wet dewy leaves and needing to be mowed grass that is hiding god knows what (Five dogs, think about this) yelling at and chasing the stubborn little mutt who wagged his tail right into the house. So I followed him right up the stairs and continued to yell at him while he crawled under the bed. Then I proceeded to tell Hubby not to cuddle him or baby him.

Now that is something that friggin sets my noodle baking. I get mad at one of the dogs and Hubby turns around in a baby voice and coos "Is Mommy mad at you buddy? Come sit with Daddy. Mommy just a little crabby today." Or something like that in tones that would even make a baby think his nuts.

I digress. As I am telling Hubby not to moddlecottle the dog, he tells me "Don't take it out on me 'cause your mad at the dog, yell at the dog." There's that love and support. So I uttered out a couple of stern sentences to the floor at the bedside. Then stormed out knowing I lost that battle.

I so need that coffee.

No comments: