Friday, May 02, 2008

I know I said It Before

But I will be so glad when this play is done. No I really mean it. This play was cursed from the beginning. And it just keeps getting better. Tonight was Hell. There is no other way to put it. And yet the cast managed to get a standing ovation. I think it might have been a sympathy standing ovation as the lead actor, fell off the stage.

Now I mentioned that the original director quit and two others stepped in. There was a shift in stage-managers on move in date that upset the applecart so to speak. Last night our Front of House manager resigned as a result of an argument so I'm not really sure what happened there. Tonight the lead missed his cue cause he was still in the dressing room then blamed the stage manager because he missed the call for returning upstairs. Two of the props (Pies) got squashed and the set change had already taken too long so the director watching from the booth cause he is also the sound tech is having fifty fits, and then of course is a little choked because the two edible pies (that are needed) wasn't there. I'm freaking because I can't find the pies that I had ready to go. Then I get an argument from the lead Actress that nobody eats them. I tell her that's what the director wants and she still argues. To top it all off, I smashed my hip into part of the protruding set. (Note to self, when directing make the set safe. I am mainly back stage with a couple of bit parts as a bystander.) Our producer who is also is doing a bit part, thought I broke my hip. All I can say now, is I am in a lot of pain and its only the second night. We have four more to go.

I can't wait until its over.

Artist's daughter is also in the play and is doing a great job. Tonight she was really animated. I called over and confirmed if she needed a ride. Once it was confirmed she didn't then I asked to talk to her mom. Here's the response I got. "She's out for coffee with someone. I don't know who she is cheating on you with."

Alright Artist, I just want to know one thing. Is her coffee better than mine? If so I understand. Its hard to refuse the seduction of a good cup of coffee. The scent that calls to the tastebuds awakening the hidden desire for that bold, succulent liquid...

Okay I think I need a coffee. I'm just hoping to get enough in my system to ride out the next four shows

No comments: