Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sun is Shining and we have move in.

The birds are singing and the snow is melting. Yea! Scribble on her blog had pictures of a mushroom growing kit. It looks so neat and the way she describes it, it sounds relatively easy even for a brown thumb like me. So I'm on the hunt.

The first of our seeds came in. The itch to get my hands in dirt is growing worse. I think I might have infected Artist with the bug 'cause she's talking about putting in a garden too. My mother on the other hand is compeletly amused by my next adventure. Her words of "Someday you will want a garden and I won't help you." are ringing in my ears. And she is sticking to it. I think its hiliarious and I'm respecting her and not asking. She was quite tickled with the apple trees and lemon tree I have budding in my pots of dirt.

Thoughts of gardening will have to be put on the back burner with a couple of other things until our production of "Sweeny Todd" is over on May 10th. I have bit parts which I volunteered for as they were lacking in cast and crew members. I want to have another musical under belt for when I direct one. I have plans to shake up the town with a few plays (If I can get the go ahead). During "More Fun Than Bowling" I got a taste of directing a play with a controversal topic. And I liked it. I liked making an audience laugh but I liked making them think more. I have also learned as part of this cast who I would and would not cast in a play even if they were perfect for the part. One thing I have learned is a cast and crew is about the play. One person can upset that balance through vanity or whinning. I like directing not for the complete control as many like to think, (A director never has total control) I loved it because of the creative ideas that float around and I learned more about myself than I ever did going on stage.

Hubby is now up and I must get ready fro the day. We are moving the props and set into the stage. (We can't wait until we have our own venue right now its across the street with the memorial centre) Then we have a reheasal. Oh well, soon I'll be playing in the dirt and relaxing.

2 comments:

The Joyful Artist said...

Sun's shining but they are saying possible snow tomorrow???

:O

Anonymous said...

Snow, Rain or what ever is wet at this point. I love spring. The only time of year I get to hear birds twitter in the middle of a snow storm.