Saturday, April 05, 2008

One of those days





It was a great morning until I looked outside and saw the blanket of white coating everything. Not enough to be called a snowfall but just enough the dogs are able to get their paws nice and muddy to track through the house. Of course the Chihuahua sees white and runs the other way.

I'm having a bad day with the joints. Everything decided to complain the second I got up. It wouldn't have been so bad except the head is pinging just to add more fun. I probably shouldn't have gone out in the cold wind yesterday. The ever changing pressure is a little hard for the head to handle. One minute sun, the next is snow and rain. All I want is serious fish pond time this summer and if all of this up and down weather leads to fish pond days, I'll grin and bear it.

Hubby was at a info meeting for a product his store sells. It happened to be for ponds. Hubby was telling the sales rep how I at first didn't want the pond and proceeded to live by it for the entire summer. Hubby said if he has a stressful day, he heads straight for the pond during the summer to sit and relax. The Sales Rep started to laugh and say that he and his wife were the same with theirs. Kind of nice to know that we aren't the only ones daffy about our pond. I think the best thing about it is, I can truly relax or get totally absorbed in my writing without worrying if the Beagle wanders off I won't need to clean up the wake of his destruction.

I do have some news to share, my novella that I wrote, was released yesterday. Its a sweet story so everybody can read it. (Apparently I still need to work on my blogging techniques as I was hoping the picture would appear right about ...Here.) Its dedicated to my parents whose love story is pretty remarkable except the dedication didn't get printed with the book cause I normally add that during the editing process. Now I know to add it at the beginning. Hey its a learning process.

The coolest thing happened with this cover art. I was showing it to a friend at my mom's. She in turn was showing it to her mother-in-law who was there as well. My mom was telling her that I wrote in erot... then turned and asked the category that I wrote in. She couldn't remember the word, but as soon as I said, erotica, she said, that's right, as if I had said mystery. She was so cute. I just want her with me when the first book deal comes along. It would be really cool to share that with her. Of course, if leads to a book signing outside a sex shop, I'll take Artist with me. My mother would come up with too many outlandish schemes. Thrusting Thighs was one of her suggestions as a character for a novel. Trust me, with my mother's imagination, it gets a whole lot worse. At least now, I know where I get it from.

I can feel the sneaking up of the sub-conscious telling me to get the synopsis done for the hopefully above to happen. I'll confess, I'm procrastinating. avoiding it and coming up with what ever else to do before facing it. But its hanging over my head like a cloud. Its in my thoughts as to how I'm going to tell a story without telling the story. But I should get it done. Hubby has been gently nagging at me to finish it. He's right, then I can get to the others that are rolling in my head. I know that if I get the ideas down the stories will formulate themselves. But a synopsis is different, its taking three hundred pages and condensing it down to five or six. Of course I wasn't smart and kept my outlining notes. The next one I will. Hopefully it will make the task easier.

Damn! My coffee cup is empty. Guess this means I'd better fill it. Sigh, but at least the dishes that need doing will give me ten more minutes of procrastination.

No comments: