Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Cabin Insanity

So after spending two days staring at the screen and figuring out how to deal with Html and all that crap, I can officially say that the website and its blog are done. With the exceptions of a few spelling errors that will eventually be corrected (You know the last six inches that needs to be done)its ready for business.

At least something got achieved during the snowstorm. I was telling Scribble that we have had more snow dumped on us during those four days than we did all winter. I know, I know the farmer's need the water and for those of us who want to garden but snow? Rain would've have worked too. Its less cold and heavy.

Do you have any idea what it is to be locked up with Hubby with no way out? Especially when he is in the middle of an obsession? Solar hell does not describe it. Trapped would be the better word. Its Cabin Fever at its worst. More like a Cabin Insanity that takes hold. I retaliated though. I got even by thinking out loud of my story ideas. It only took forty minutes before he figured it out. And who says Hubby's not quick? Certainly not me.

Once we aired the blue cloud from Hubby's cursing at the website editor we then ventured into the realm of fantasy and actually bought the organic seeds for the garden and green houses. I call it fantasy because of the snow at the moment. I know the idea of growing a garden is way harder then it looks. I also envision myself in the middle of a weed patch thinking the Director's Creed. "What the F*** was I thinking when I said 'Lets do this.'?"

Hubby this morning has decided to take on a new project, but he says as with all new ideas, this one won't be done until the others are finished. Do I believe him? No. You see, sitting in our basement is a server for computers that he was just looking into. We have two PSP (Sony Playstations). Both because he was just looking. The first time was to check out its capacity. The second was to hack and turn into a mini computer. Then he was just looking into a lap top. Guess what arrived today? The case to his new lap top. Okay so you see my point.

Today's new project is a diesel engine running on veggie oil. There is not enough Coffee, booze or relaxants to get me through this. Ed Bagely Jr is nothing on my Hubby to live with. Yes, I think this is a good idea and yes it is cleaner and recycling. And it would save us on the prices of petro. Its just the hell of going through the buying, altering, swearing, and then there's him.

Artist complains to me about her Hubby's spending habits. At least he is upfront and honest by saying "We should get this or I want to get that." My Hubby uses any excuse but that. My favourite is 'I'm just looking' cause that leads to 'I'm buying'. Then he gets upset cause the bills have gotten higher. So you might see my hesitation on the car converting thing.

At least the snow has stopped and the sun is promising to rid us of the snow. Solar Hell is at least warm.

No comments: