Friday, August 11, 2006

Rainy Day Blues

It's raining today. Normally I don't mind the rain but today I do. I guess its because I had to go shopping. Or it could be the doggy tracks piling up. I'm not sure. Its not like its even a bad day really. I managed to get the majority of my running around done in a timely manner. I was able to go for coffee and a friend's on a whim.

I think it might be the clouds. You know, the smoky gray billowing clouds that cover the sky. Not one ray of sunshine can pierce through they are so thick. There is even a chill in the air but only a hint of it. Maybe it realizing that there is only so many days left before the trees start turning colour.

Even the dogs aren't as full of energy as usual. All are lazing about on any piece of furniture that is free. Except for the Beagle. The Beagle is by my feet. Now I would love to say, it is out of loyalty to me. Nope. Its in case I move off the chair and into the kitchen where he will nag me for supper or soy milk. (This is the one I have to specialty cook for. He loves his soy milk.) And yes I will admit he is spoiled. He is old. Hounds seems to age faster than other dogs. Or its just mine.

He will stand and whine at me by the hour while I sit and complete a task. He knows when I say "Let Mommy finish her coffee." He will go lay down. But the minute my coffee is done. He starts nagging me again. Like right now for instance.

Better go feed them or Artist might complain about the Beagle waking her up.

No comments: