Saturday, August 12, 2006

Life's little Mysteries

I was bragging to Artist while she was here for coffee about how well I have been doing at keeping my house clean. Today after vacuuming and dusting I cleaned out a nook of stuff that was cluttering. Going more streamline. (Less to dust) I turned around to see the Beagle running around tossing somebody's sock like it was a toy.

Where do these things come from? I cleaned under the sofa and chairs a couple of days ago. You would think something like that, a sock, would get stuck in the vacuum. Its like this cat toy that I found a few days ago being eaten alive buy the dust T-rex under my sideboard. I have no idea where this toy came from. My walking carpet with a heartbeat (as one friend called it) of a cat has never played with a cat toy. Dogs are much better prey. Toys are beneath him.

He is a Ragdoll. Nobody warned me this was a cat with an attitude. I was told soft, cuddly and quiet. Not a bunch of hair skulking around waiting for the Airedale to walk by to release anger upon.

My daughter got the cat hooked on these Caribbean kitty treats. If the cat does not get his little fish shaped smelly kitty snacks, he gets mad. Not only will the cat not jump up to his food, he now demands his treaties. He will meow to be put up for his food and then meow at you again. If you walk away he jumps down follows you and meows at you until to do it right. He is a patient teacher to his dense humans. But every once in a while he gets a little miffed. That's when he either will take a swing at you or try to trip you. What happened to cute and cuddly?

We did have two female cats. One was my Hubby's and one was mine. They found little bits of paper more entertaining than a ball with a bell. Hubby's loved anything that would crinkle. I hating wrapping gifts with her in the same room. I never knew which angle the cat would decided the paper need to die a slow and shredded death.

My cat on the other hand found string a much more delightful way to pass the time. She never ate which I was thankful for. I was making a wreath with a string of lights that I was planning to give the neighbours. Each year they have a little get together for on Dec 23rd. We weren't able to make it this year but I wanted them to have something that I had made especially for them. I was working on the wreath trying to pull the string of lights through the branches when I could feel something behind me snag them. I turn around to see my little kitty with eyes the size of saucers as attacked the string of light like some snake slither across the floor. I removed her teeth from the wire and pushed her back telling her no. (Like that will work with a cat intent on killing) I managed rather quickly to get the lights woven in to the wreath. But then ribbon, it was decided by my sweet little kitty, could not live. I managed to finish the wreath after I put band-aids on to stop the bleeding.

So like I say they had no use for this toy. So I haven't a clue where this thing came from. Its just one of those little things in life that make it a little more interesting.

Oh Yeah, I read that Artist. At least I don't wolf whistle and say pretty girl. I just laugh.

1 comment:

The Joyful Artist said...

I guess that means no crackers for you my friend