Tuesday, August 15, 2006

The Last 24

Now I would love to write something chipper and happy but that is not going to happen. Its like the Creator decided my nice little quiet world needed a volcano erupting, earthquake and a hurricane all at once to give me a reality check.

Firstly our border is dating a creep way to old for her who can't seem to keep his attitude in check with me. She is 18 he is 23 turning 24. Now as I have previously stated I mean no disrespect to those who have children involve in this age gap and are in such a relationship or to those involved. But I must wonder why a young man of that age must go trolling for the younger catch. Could they not find anybody over 20 to date or have they run through the lot? I have never met someone who I did not want in my home. I have only ever banned one person from my home. He thought is was funny to kick my little dog across the room during a social gathering.

This guy though, not only sounded my warning bells and sent for the Calvary. I couldn't figure why he had my instincts screaming to push him out my door. I asked him his age and he told me 22. Like that is any better than 23. Its still too much of an age gap. Our border is very sweet and very naive. She came from a home where her curfew no matter what was 9 pm. She doesn't seem to think that lying, drugs and excess alcohol is a bad thing. Or am I just too old fashioned?

I have two hours sleep because I was mulling it over in my head until my eyes burned. But can I sleep, no because my exzema has flared up. I have been battling it for a month now and just as I think its better, it gets worse again. Now I could handle the exzema but now it has aggravated my arthritis. Not only are is my skin red, itchy, blistered, oozing fluid, but now my hands are aching from the arthritis. So this has only added to the fun.

In the middle of the hoopla with the Border, the Beagle decides to have a bad dog day. From getting on the table, to getting into the garbage and constantly nagging me for treaties. Like with his bloated freckled tummy he is going to get anything other than his soy milk.

In the middle of this, Hubby called to give me his new schedule. Ten on, four off. But of course for the first week he works eight days then one day off. Some where in there is a reason why he feels he must do this. I'm not sure that the insanity is all in my head.

So now I'm feeling a little punch happy. You know, like you have had that one bottle of wine too many. Laying down only leads to the world spinning faster and faster. I know in this house, there is a soft pillow and a comfy bed. I only have to shove five dogs over so they will let me share a corner of the pillow. They are generous that way. Well except for the Chihuahua. He doesn't play well with others.

No comments: