Saturday, August 05, 2006

The Joyful Artist

I did it! I added a link. Now it only took me an hour and a half but I did it all on my own. I am lousy with computers and this kind of thing but I try very hard to learn stuff on my own so I do not have to continually nag Hubby. Hubby is a computer technition. He tried one night to make me a little more computer savvy. My answer was, stay out of the kitchen and I'll stay away from the computers.

I would like to tell you a little bit about the Joyful Artist. Firstly, I do not need to say she is a talented artist. I have a couple of her pieces of her work and I love to see what she posts next. I have watched her develope and grow with her skill. I have seen confidence replace uncertainty as she continually hones her craft.

When we first met we were complete opposites. I was uptight, conservative, and I would also add judgemental. I can hear her saying, "Your still judgemental just not as bad." She was ecclectic, almost bohemiem, and with a carefree nature. We were at opposite ends of the stick. She was open to new people, and I was desperate for somebody to like me. She seemed to like me. Artist and I started a relationship.

This is a relationship that not only grew but taught so much. I learned a lot from Artist, more than she will think. I learned courage. Not courage to face adversity but the courage to face your emotions. I have learned to be comfortable in my skin. I have learned to listen, not just to the words but the feelings as well. She has taught me its okay to cry in front of others. She taught me to be freer with my emotions.

She has these amazing blue eyes that dance when she is telling a funny story or she comes up with a new idea. Eyes tell you a lot about a person. Hers are warm.

I lost a twenty two years old friendship. The good that came out of it was, that I appreciate the friendships I have cultivated now. They aren't based on highschool hang ups and the way we were still viewing each other as fifteen. We failed to recognize that we grew up and that we change. We still held each other in the teen age mode. I would love to strike up a friendship with her now. I hear things are good for her. We each have bettered our lives. Maybe we needed to part in order to do that.

Artist understood and listened while I sorted some of the baggage out over it. Once I got thinking about it, her friendship had somehow superceded the other. She had become the one that I relied on to make me laugh when I needed it. She was the shoulder I wanted to cry on and it was her opinion that mattered to me more. It was Artist who had become my best friend. All during the last part of that dying relationship, Artist was the one that I turned to for my reality checks within one or two phone calls. And she thinks she leans on me. She is the one who has to put up with my insanty.

Yesterday Artist and I had coffee. Overhead was a slow moving storm. You know the type, the thunder rolls soft and lazy like. Rain comes down like a sheet of water. Inside I had candles going, Micheal Buble playing in the background while we had coffee. Thunder crashed while we laughed over something funny my Hubby did. It was one of those moments that just felt so right. It was one of those moments that create the bond of soulmates.

I'm very lucky she is one of mine

No comments: