Monday, June 04, 2007

Hubby and his projects

Hubby is presently working on the fishpond while I sit here and recover from last night’s stint at work. It’s a nice windy day so the mosquitoes are having a hard time with their attacks in waves.

So far I have had to admire five rocks being placed twice and one three times. Next will come the fact that he needs another piece of rock, which I will not only have to admire but I will have to discuss the fact as to why it looks better.

Okay so here’s where I start rummaging through the house looking for my organic wine and I’m thinking the robaxa-whatever might be a nice chaser. Now I could go inside and actually get some stuff done. But then I would have to stop what I’m doing and come outside and admire another freakin’ rock every time he puts one in place. So you can see my dilemma.

This is the point I speak up voluntarily and say how good it looks. I realize this may sound a little cruel because I do enjoy the fishpond so much but…..

Can’t they just go out and play building whatever monument they feel the need to build without calling for praise every ten minutes? Yesterday Hubby poured cement!!! Did the pharaohs do the same thing to their wives. "Look my little papya, another stone has been placed. Come see. What do you think?" No wonder so many men in history met with an early death. They died from the slow smothering of a pillow in the middle of the night.

It’s a good thing I love that man to death cause I’d a been an alcoholic by now. It’s the same thing with the Christmas Village or fixing up the bathroom. You’d think I’d be used to it by now.

I think I hear that wine calling.

1 comment:

Sue J said...

You should call him to come and see the dishes you've washed or the bed you've made. He'd think you'd lost the plot. They all like praise, and, let's face it, we heap praise in the hopes that the next job will be tackled more quickly and with more enthusiasm.
:-))) Hugs Sue