Thursday, June 07, 2007

My Escape


This is looking through the archway onto the patio at night. The faded lights are butterfly lights interwoven in all the lilacs.

At night, the backyard is lit up. Hubby has butterfly lights in the trees that hang over the pond site. It changes from Zen to Enchanted when the stars come out.



A close up of the waterfall from the newest edition.


Hidden in the corner




Patches looking for intruders in the neighbourhood.





The only way to nap






Pond water come highly recommended by the Beagle.






The stream by the lilac bush (that never blooms) is the latest edition.








4 comments:

The Joyful Artist said...

This is only one of the reasons I feel the pull from down the street.
The water sounds, good coffee and good friends round out the attraction. Fill in the pond and Hubby may see me a little more....

Artist

Sue J said...

There's something extremely soothing about the sound of moving water -unless you have a full bladder :-))) I really like what you've done and I love the Buddha. I have a small collection of Buddhas and I also have one in my garden. Thanks for sharing :-)))

Sue J said...

HW, try feeding your lilac bush with a liquid fertiliser high in potassium. Flowering and fruiting things need high potassium to do anything. Seaweed extract is very good too. It's a tonic and not a fertiliser and you can water it in or spray it over the foliage.

Anonymous said...

will definitely give it a try. Thanks for the advice.