Thursday, June 28, 2007

Thoughts with my Coffee

Okay that was a crazy entrance. The sign in screen kept flashing at my until I refreshed and it seem to work out the twitch.

Its finally a quiet day. Its cloudy so I've been plugging away at the house although there doesn't seem to be much of an improvement since yesterday. Well I did move the Pizza boxes. Yes I do let Hubby order in now and then. He needs the cholesterol and fat kick. Actually its the lesser of several evils. I had a grilled cheese sandwich cause the idea of the pizza really made me ill. So he was a happy camper.

So work is okay. We have a couple of new employees. One who has been described to me as a different duck, I refer to her as the Crazy Cosmetic Lady. She is brutally upfront and she seems to have a few issues indicated by that edgy tone in her voice she can't quite hide. I have been reassured that she has a wicked sense of humour. If that be the case then things will be fine. But if it continues to hide, then I have to rethink my total approach.

You see, I have had a lot of work situations at a previous job that left me very scarred. Rhode Island was my rock during the time afterwards when the shock, and anger hit of the crap that was pulled. We communicated back and forth with emails, and a couple of times over the phone. Any advice I need with cats, Artist and Rhode are the two I listen to. She not helped me deal with things but she also was my friend at a time when I was bitterly lonely and scared. We haven't talked lately but I know she is busy with her life and I with mine. I won't ever let her go as she is a part of my foundation of from who I was to now. Just to let you know Rhode, I miss my friend and I still send you lots of light.

Because of my experience, I work very hard at becoming one of the flock and I work at keeping the peace. Having been both in management and the employee, I can say without a doubt it sucks on both sides. At my one job, I was the go between, for my workmates and management. It worked well. The result was, when I left, everybody liked me. It was one hell of an achievement for a person who always ended up in a personality conflict. I figure Crazy Cosmetic Lady is my final test. The Fates have a serious problem with their sense of humour; its totally twisted.

You know what is really annoying. My washer when it is done, plays a little tune. My mother thinks that was one of the features that attracted me. Yeah, along with a beeping bread maker, a timer that does not shut off by its self on the stove and the little ding on the toaster oven, I could make music in the kitchen. Its enough to drive me nuts some days. No wonder I feel nagged. Between the appliances and the guinea pig, I can never get a moment without something demanding my attention. And Hubby wonders why some days I go a little bonkers.
I told him one day that I figured out that if we did a totem pole for the house, I would be at the bottom and the guinea pig will me at the top. She even squeaks at the dogs for her greens and fruit.

Now that I have gotten my niggle for the day, I can go continue my quartet in the kitchen. If I don't shoot the washer first.

2 comments:

Sue J said...

We had a guinea pig once, named Samantha. It was my youngest son's. I didn't like the thoughts of her stuck in a cage, so she lived wild and free in the backyard and would come out of the undergrowth when you whistled.
Unfortunately, my daughter's dog killed and buried her one day when they were down from the bush, visiting.
We didn't know what had happened to her until the next visit when she dug her up all green and slimy.
We had a rabbit that lived wild and free in the backyard too. Something wild got that one night. There was bunny fluff everywhere, which we had to hurriedly gather up before my son woke up. He was only four - we told him Buster was homesick and had gone back to his mummy and daddy. We told him the truth when he was about 15 :-)))

Anonymous said...

I am still alive and sort of well in Rhode Island. You are in my thoughts and prayers daily, even though I don't write. Computer problems big time, off and on. Plus, cats are elderly and need a lot of Mommy's attention. :)