Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Tikki at 41

Yesterday I turned 41. There was no cake as the idea totally repulsed me so instead I offered out gingersnaps. Dad had five so I take it they were good. Too bad I won't be able to make them again. You see the mollasses was too strong and the sugar to balance the taste wasn't enough so I had to fiddle with the butter and the sugar to combat the mollasses. Then I worried that they were too short but they were perfect. And I can never make them again. Hubby hates that when it happens. He is however getting used to the fact that somethings will never be replicated.
Hubby has been getting used to a few things lately, like spinach salad. I keep giving it to him as he does not eat enough greens. Like he wants the world to know that. Poor guy, I figure one of these days he is going to snap and rage like a bull in a china shop in the grocery store going for the processed luncheon meats and snack foods. Its a good thing I love that man or I'd been an alcoholic a few years ago.

He bought me really neat dragons and Buddah heads for the fish pond. The theme this year is Tikki. We need to provide ourselves with a wee bit of privacy from the neighbours. We decided the way to go was with a Tikki bar and a screen of some kind behind. The end result should be interesting to say the least.

Border and Daughter are planning to experiment with bartending this year. I'm not sure if I should be worried or not. I guess we'll see what the drinks taste like first. Border is trying to find organic alcohol. Like I said interesting.

Until then I will continue to hunt down and expose the lairs of dust beasts in my house. One actually attacked the broom. It was scary.

No comments: