Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Work Rant

I came home from work last night with a brain piercing headache. I had been battling it all day and finally had it under control when I went to work. The up and down weather has been really mucking with my mind.

I was fine at work until a woman with her screaming three yr old came to the till. I'm not sure what the kid wanted but everytime she said no, this demonic child would let out an ear piercing scream. Every time this kid screamed it felt like somebody was slamming a steal rod into my head. Here's a hint to the public. If your kids are screaming, TAKE THEM OUT OF THE STORE.

Its why I hate shopping at Walmart or the grocery store. Every where you turn, there a kid screaming its head off. I love the one store I shop at for the majority of my shopping, soft lights, calming music and no screaming kids. They did finally left the store. I wasn't the only one who was happy to see them leave.

It was when I got back up to the till, when I looked up to help a customer and I could feel myself going down. My head exploded and that was it. I couldn't see, I couldn't breath, every noise reverbarated inside my head intensifying the pain. Somebody called my husband and I vaguely remember him showing up. I remember him leading me out of the store as I covered my face from the light. I know I tried peeking to try to see the floor, but a flash of light hit my brain and I buried my eyes into hands. The only voice I could hear was his because he kept it low and quiet.

Hubby is about the only one who can get through to me when I'm like that. The other thing is, the only person I want went I go down like that is my Hubby. His voice is actually calming. Of course him telling me I have to go to the hospital for a shot never helps either.

I hate the shot. I will do what ever I can to avoid the shot. Its a mixture of two medicines. One for the head and the other for the nausea the first med gives you. Most people are able to sleep it off within twelve to eighteen hours. Not me. I lose the first twenty-four hours because I'm pretty much in a coma. The next two days are like walking through a fog and you can not fight your way through the haze. I tried. Its like when you first wake up and you can't think clearly. Yeah, that's so much fun to go through with teenagers in the house. You know, they can be quick when they want to be.

What really choked me, was I had the headache under control before I went to work. Because my headaches pretty much lay me flat, I work very hard at avoiding what triggers the headaches. I may joke about the wine, but on the whole wine is the worst for me. (Organic Wine is okay but not four bottles at one sitting by me alone) I don't watch movies because the flashing of one scene to the next can trigger a headache, I don't listen to rock or harsh music because the beat is a trigger. I will avoid the phone etc.

Now I know its not the mother's fault or the kid's that I wound up on the floor with a migraine. But it really pisses me off, that these so-called parents let their children disrupt everyone around them because they need their crisps or pop. I hauled my nephew out everytime he pulled it. I refused to take him to the store because he pulled it. He is also ADHD. (I lived with my older sister and her two for ten years. Two single divorced moms. It seemed like the thing to do.)

Okay...Big Sigh... and Release.

Thursday should be a better day.

No comments: