Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A Glimpse of Gardens

This is my Lemon Tree

Apple Trees!!!!

Strawberries from my Mom

This wild rose I found when it was two inches high when we first moved in. It's now nine years old and over six feet tall. The pink and blue fencing is the only thing left from the pink, cutesy and floral days.



Inside the greenhouses I have zucchini, peas, beans, tomatoes, pumpkins, herbs, peppers, beets, carrots, radish and parsnip. With five dogs and no fenced area for the plants, I thought at least they would be safe.
The green houses. We...whats with the we crap, I had to cut back some of the branches for light.

This is the garden by the pond. This is the first year the Iris bloomed. Now we know I have a big mouth at times. And this is one of those times. Sorry Artist. I was admiring her beautiful yellow dwarf Iris the other night. To which she responds, "Oh I thought they were Daffodils."

This spot started out as a pool, then a mound of dirt, then the Gothic Garden, now it is referred to as the Centre Garden. It has lettuce, spinach, herbs, along with Globe Flowers, Peones, Fairy Bells and Forget-me-Nots.

My Nona's Tigerlilies. They have come with us no matter where we lived. When my Daughter gets her first house she will get a clump for her garden. My mom started the tradition. I think Nona would be happy.

The back of the Centre Garden. I have had three cuttings from my rhubarb already.

The view from across the street of our house.

My daughter's artwork. It was originally a white sculpture. I just love it!

No comments: