Sunday, March 28, 2010

Coagulated Musings

I'm in bed, not because I want to be but because I was told to be. It started with my right side blowing up and causing a whole lot of pain. I looked like I was eight months pregnant without the boobs to show for my efforts. My profile looked like flat long oval pancakes flopped over a beach ball. It resulted in my gallbladder being removed and Hubby in control of ...(gasp in horror) everything.

Firstly I'd like to say I hate jello. Its not really a food is it? Its a hard rubbery lump of coagulated chemicals and food dye. What's even worse than jello, is lime flavoured jello. I like lime in some things, but apparently not my coagulated chemmies and dyes. There is a flavour I have discovered is worse than hard rubbery institutionalized lime jello, it is green apple. It lies wiggling in cubes looking the colour of cow's urine and smelling just as bad. Hubby makes the best jello in normal flavours like cherry and strawberry. I still hate jello.

Hubby is finding out what its like to have be in charge of six dogs, sick wife and household. He is being amazing and I'm not the easiest of patients. They put a manic on bed rest for a week then sent me home with Hubby. I swear they were chuckling. He's trying to find me projects to keep me in bed and constantly monitoring me. That was up until yesterday when Artist babysat then turned the reigns over to Daught who in turn handed them to Miss S and GB. Hubby thought he could relax and play a game of frisbee golf with GB leaving me in the hands of Miss S. It worked at first but then I got the giggles. Of course Miss S gets the giggles which just complicated matters as I'm laughing but hurting from the pain. I was just very thankful that Daught wasn't there or I would be back at the hospital staring at lime jello.

The whole episode was a little hard on the dogs especially the new additions. When I got home from the hospital all six dogs and Smudge were not speaking to me. It was Hubby they wanted. I would like to say that it could have been the hospital smell and the fact that I was in pain so they instinctively stayed away but nope. They wanted Hubby and supper.

Things are settling back to normal...unfortunately for Hubby. The poor man is stepping into my shoes. He is getting a little sick of playing nursemaid. I can hear it in his voice. We will both be happy on Wednesday when I no longer have to stay in bed.

2 comments:

Sue J said...

Sorry to hear you're laid up. Hope you are back on your pins again soon.
Why did they make you stay in bed? My sis had her gallbladder removed a few years back but I don't remember her having bed rest. It was keyhole day surgery. She did moan about the pain for a few days, but apparently they fill you full of air or something to give them room to move and it was that that was causing her pain. You should be doing lots of arty farty things to fill in your time :))

housewife said...

They had to open me up to remove mine. Apparently going from 300+ to 130+ can do a whole lot of damage. My daughter had the key hole surgery so we don't even have matching scars.

I'll be up and running soon enough. Thankfully!!!:>)