Thursday, November 23, 2006

Getting in Focus

So Hubby is home today and coming up with things he needs to go do to get out of the house. I'm in one of my chatty moods which tend to drive him nuts. I do tend to go on about one topic or another. Now I understand why I need Artist in my life. She is usually the target of my chattering. Not only does she listen to me without seeming bored but she doesn't roll her eyes at me when the topic comes up for the fifth time like Hubby does. Nor does she get impatient when I focus on certain details. Hubby can only take about fifteen minutes worth but Artist and I can spend an entire afternoon on certain topics discussing some of the details. How can you tell I am really missing her.

I got to watch her in action the other day. Now here's the point where she would tell me to hush. But I got to watch her take a huge sheet that was white and turn it into a desert scene for a backdrop of a play I am helping with. Not only that she did it with coffee, tea and several packets of coloured Kool-Aide. It was so cool to watch it transform before my eyes. I'd look out my back window and see her swooping her brush or crouching down eyeing something. Not only does it look good, it smells good too.

Snow is falling today. My thoughts are returning to Christmas and all that has to be done. I have the cards ready to go. I only have to write a few personal greetings. Some gifts are bought and others I am still trying to figure out. I'm already planning the baking to be done and my time frame. I took on a little more than I can chew with the Theatre Society and that has really cut into my time. Not only am I stage managing two productions but I am also directing and the Treasurer. I also have a building fund project with another friend that we need to get on. (We are renovating a building into a theatre as the venue we have now is problematic) Then there is the books waiting to be done and I want to give the house a really good scrub before Christmas. Then there is my writing which was at the back of the shelf but recently has propelled itself into the forefront and become a priority that may shove the rest to the side.

If I just pace myself and take on one project at a time, I will get everything done but today was running around downtown. I hate those days so I always drag Hubby with me. For some reason it goes by faster. When I'm alone I always get sidetracked but knowing Hubby is waiting for me or meeting me somewhere I stay focused and get everything done.

Speaking of which, I'd better get to it. I think I'm up for a session of vacuum wrestling

1 comment:

The Joyful Artist said...

Thank goodness for those long rambling chats is all I can say my friend. What would I do without them?

Hugs The Artist