Sunday, October 03, 2010

It's Sunday

Aaaaaaand now heeeeeereee's Mania. So of course I can do eighty thousand things in a day. I figured out that Wonderwoman and the other female super heroes, were all bipolar and stuck in manic mode. At least I'm a little more productive in the mode...not that the house is showing it.

The dynamic of the house has shifted from two to three. To make a very long and traumatic story short, our sixteen year old dog sitter needed a place to live. Within three hours Hubby had the study cleared out and a bed room set up for her. She is lovely, bright and has a razor sharp sense of humor. She has a part time job and is educating herself by correspondence through the school system. We got to know her this summer, as she is Miss S's younger brother's girlfriend. He would come here to visit with his sister as Miss S is always here.

Its funny having a teenager in the house again. There were so many things that I had forgotten about. The noise, the friends, and the boyfriend. Its a good thing they are really good kids even to the point of where they understand and work with me when I'm having a rough day. She tends to on those days (only two so far) make me laugh.

The weather finally turned nice although it keeps threatening to dip in a few days. We've been taking advantage of the weather and I've been watching Hubby rake and re-rake the leaves. Its great fun, he will just have gotten a lovely pile together and the Beagles will come rampaging through it. Its so much fun to watch. Especially when Hubby has piled the leaves into a large mound that can be plowed then trailed. Autumn is the best time to be a Beagle.

So I auditioned for a part that I don't expect to get just because the last one I auditioned for I thought I had a fair shot at. So when I got dumped on my ass, I learned like I did in dog shows, just because you think you have a chance to prove your breed/talent doesn't mean it will happen. I hate the lessons of humility. They suck big time. So we will see what happens. I did audition my mom's Australian Terrier. I think he has a better chance at a role than I do.

No comments: