Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Spring has sprung...

And apparently doggie poop is what springs up in my yard. Not as bad as previous years but still it means my getting outside and begin the clean up. I can't wait. Seriously, I am itching to get started on our yard and garden.

Scribble, and Rhode, here's one to put a big grin on your faces. Artist will just have to bear with the repeat.

Hubby went on a course, last Thursday with another fellow from work who is the seed manager. Hubby tells me, emphatically and aggressively that Seed Man said there are no organic seeds available. There are only three seed companies in North America and they all have the altered seeds. I answered, that a grocery store here in town was offering certified organic seeds. "No they had to have been Altered, Seed Man said you can't get them, he's tried." Here came the raging bull. Cause I said organic seeds could be found. So the argument ensued. And yeah, he was mad. I finally said "You can't tell me that somebody who wants to start farming organically can't get the seeds." He shot back with "Why do you have to be so argumentative?" I hit him with "Why do you have to be so negative."

So to prove me wrong he jumps online. What comes up but "Parkdale Organic and Heirloom Seeds" I heard a very quiet "Oh" coming from the Hubby as I left the room. Yeah, that was a pretty big ouch. Not only was I right, but I proved both Hubby and Seed Man wrong. Hows that for hitting two birds with one stone?

He's still smarting. I know because now, what ever I want for seeds, I can get. He's not saying a word. He told his mother last night about it and I called out saying that I would fill her in on the details later. That was met with a glare. Hey, if your dumb enough to back some idiot at work, to your wife no less, then be prepared for the gloating.

Its a really good thing the man loves me.
That reminds me, I should fire off an email to Park whatever seeds and thank them. After my coffee.

4 comments:

GrannyDiane said...

When will men learn to listen to their wives? We usually do know what we are talking about. My husband was the same, until the last couple of years of his life. Then he finally learned. LOL!

Sue J said...

Men are NEVER wrong - my husband can't even say the word (LOLOL). I saw a fridge magnet once that said,'When I married Mr Right, I didn't know his first name was Always!' How true!! My husband may be mistaken, but he's never wrong. They also have trouble changing plans that obviously, to us, won't work, and will proceed regardless with much swearing and throwing of tools. I usually sod off somewhere else when things are not going right.
About the seed. Monsanto (of GM fame) are trying to corner all the seed in the world so they have a monopoly. There are many Heritage Seed suppliers around the world, who sell seed that hasn't been buggered about with, so there is more organic seed out there than is dreamt of in Seed Man's philosophy.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the support, its good to know I'm not alone in my battle of good and evil. (us being good...)Gotta love men, or else we would be a doomed race.

Anonymous said...

it's true that it is very difficult to find organic seeds. but i found a very good source - "Genesis Seeds" which produce and sell more than 300 varieties of herbs, vegetables and flowers.

www.genesisseeds.com