Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Coffee Quickie

The post mortem is done for the play. We came in at a loss but I don't care, my actors got a standing ovation on the last performance and they deserved it.They took a difficult script with a touchy subject and made it work. So now I'm already looking ahead at what I can do next to shake up this town.

Hubby has taken on the task of insulating the house against the drafts which have appeared with vengeance since Winter hit. And I do mean hit, and hard. It was as if someone flipped the switch. I don't have a problem with the getting rid of drafts but can we at least finish the project first before moving on to the next one. Oh well it has been rather adventurous.

I can say I have truly lived now. I have seen and swept antique dust bunnies. The nice thing about very old dust bunnies is they don't run from the broom or vacuum, they crumble. They crumble into a pile of fine dust that defies the vacuum or broom. You would think the pile of dead dust bunnies would be easier to clean up. Nope. With every breath, motion or Beagle snore the dust spreads all over. Its like the final revenge of the dust bunny. Just what I needed for Christmas.

Speaking of which, I thought I was behind years before but this year it ridiculous. The long Autumn really wasn't an incentive to prepare and then wham its now December. The parcels aren't done, the cards are waiting for the letters, shopping has been started at least and almost done (I think) but the baking isn't started. The house was ready until Hubby got in there. So I think I'll take stock in a couple of days then deal with it.

Did I mention Hubby wants to tear apart the kitchen as well? We got a really nice counter from where Hubby works which is sitting in the hall at the moment. So now he wants to attack to kitchen. I love the man with every fibre of my being but I just may have to tie him up and beat him with a noodle. On second thought, may be not, he might enjoy it too much.

I think I'd better go break up the geriatric dust bunny conga line forming in the hall way. It's a matter of choosing the proper weapon and sneaking up on them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi HW, Haven't visited for a while as I have been incapacitated with the sciatica. That came good last week and I fell victim to the galloping squitters on Sat. Just coming good with that today after medication. Still have Xmas shopping to do! Aaaaaaargh!!! Next year - clean slate, I will be 100 percent fit, no question!
Have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year,
Love and Light, Sue :-)))