Thursday, February 22, 2007

A New Twist in Life

I was asked by a person I know via the internet, who saw the "Check It Out" and did, why was I promoting someone's book. I explained that it my book I was promoting. My mother was asked by a very sweet lady if it was spiritual. I think to my mother's disappointment it's not. But I did realize by the title it could be percieved as such.

I started that story twenty years ago shortly after my daughter was born. She just turned twenty and my story will soon be published. Life's little ironies at work. It was a ten page outline that grew larger everytime I looked at it. If I compiled all the time I spent on it, it would equal out to two years. I would pick it up for a month or so, then put it down for a few years. I still wrote but it was short stories for my enjoyment. I had let people read them over the years. Rhode Island among the first. But there was never the time to devote like I wanted to.

I decided to take a chance and put my writing out there. See where this journey leads me. I have no expectations of this ride. I don't know what to expect. Its kind of like stepping into a room and the light only shines where you stand. Everything is pitch black around you and you only know the spot you stand in. Its going to be interesting to say the least. At the most it will provide some very entertaining discussions for the family.

No comments: