Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Legacy of Longblades




I'm very proud of this little story. Artist and I one afternoon a couple of years ago were having a discussion by the fishpond. I had made the comment, that in a historical novel you can't make a pirate ship disappear. She argued you could and then gave me a challenge. Write a story set in the past in the same manner I would writing a Sci-fi and she included a pirate ship disappearing and reappearing else where. I had so much fun writing this story and I think I met the challenge.

Here's the blurb:

"When she arrived on the docks she carried only a sack and a mysterious old map that she suspected was connected to her grandfather. Cynthia Dell was on the hunt for the notorious Captain, known as the "Fury of the Seven Seas", a man who lived on the edge of piracy.

With the idea of treasure in her head, Cynthia propositioned the infamous Captain and crew of the Cimmerian Lady to help her seek what lay at the end of the route. On the tumultuous voyage of unlocking the secrets to the map, the Captain Feirgh took it upon himself to unlock the secret treasures of Cynthia’s passion."

It's rated Spicy.

It's out of my typical genre but it was fun to divert for a bit. Now I'm right back into the future for a while. I'm really hoping to get the next one finished for a bit but my next entry will explain why I haven't been on the blog for a bit.

Okay...that and camping...and the theatre...and the beagles.

1 comment:

Sue J said...

Nice to see Cindy has a starring role :)