Sunday, June 05, 2011

Finally a quiet moment...

Wow, its been a month since I've blogged. Time goes so fast these days that I lose half the day in an hour. Its been an interesting month to say the least but things are a now down to a dull roar.

Things with the theatre so far are going according to my business plan. Our group got a little stagnant and things went awry as per the usual when its a group of three or more. So as Pres, I had to take a look at where we wanted to be and how the hell were we going to get there. I have never relied on so much of my pulp mill experience as I have had to these last two months. So I studied the numbers, the people, the club and our original goals. After the panic attack and anxiety attack settled I realised that our cozy little club was in a do or die situation and that if everything came crashing down I would be the one having to answer to everybody. Everybody else gets to walk away, I on the other hand have to talk to the creditors and what ever else that will want our blood. So hence the attacks.

After a little soul searching and a much needed therapy appointment I dived into cave and didn't emerge until I came out with a plan. I used my Dad as my example of when he was pulp mill manager and boy to I understand a lot more of what he went through. (And what I put him through) I think the idea of a business plan and a path as to how we can get there gave some modicum of comfort. And instead of listening to other people, I'm listening to my gut to forge ahead.

I finally got my garden planted. Its much different this year as I added a red currant bush and a saskatoon bush in it. A friend from down the street gave me her rasberry suckers and I have them along the back of the fence. (If I ever get pics I'll put them on) I planted potatoes, peas, carrots, beets, swiss chard and tomatoes. I added a couple of more strawberry plants and made the patch larger. Ran out of room for the peas so I tossed a couple of small rows in my flower bed. So long as GiGi quits helping me I might get a couple of peas.

I've been helping out a friend by looking after her two little girls. One is six who is full of vim and vinegar with a very creative imagination. Her sister is one and a half and is a little dolly. She reminds me of my daughter at the same age toddling around the house, only this little one is much happier. The old dogs are a little unsure of the situation. The Beagles are a different story. Buster loves the little one and GiGi prefers the six year old so it works out quite well for the both of them.

The road to Solar Hell has made a sharp curve into my garden. Hubby set up three rain barrels by the house to catch the rain and dug an hose undergound to my garden. There he has set up a battery connected to a solar panel that runs the pump which brings the rainwater to my hose to water the garden. Its a nice little system he set up I will admit but...is nothing sacred on the Road to Solar Hell? I'm afraid of what he will think of to improve the laundery line outside.

Hubby just came in all excited. Some where in town has solar panels on sale. Lucky me, I get to go for a shopping trip to look at solar panels. Will the fun and joy of it never end.

One last little note before I dash off this exciting excursion Hubby has planned for us, a story I wrote for Artist one Christmas called the Legacy of Longblades is going to be published. Artist gave me a challenge and it was to write a scene where a pirate ship disappears then reappears some where else. Hence the story of Cynthia Dell aka Madam Longblades came to be. I am really tickled about this one as its a historical fantasy short novella and a little different from my futuristic. (That one should be done this summer) I can't wait to see the artwork for it. Should be fun.

Well I guess its time to get back on the Road to Solar Hell as Hubby is patiently waiting for me.

I already miss my garden.

No comments: