Monday, May 11, 2009

Early Start on the Road to Solar Hell

Its morning. The birds are chirping, the sun is shining, the sky is blue and I'm sitting with my second cup of coffee and my third smoke. The morning started very roughly. As in past blogs I have complained about my morning routines being disturbed. Little did we know that I was zeroing in on was a trigger for bipolar modes. This morning was classic, all I wanted was that hour in bed without another human beside me. Nope Hubby got up, got dressed then proceeded to wander around the house and then come back up stairs and disturbed me. He was looking for the truck keys. Now I have two little dogs hopping all over me with crossed legs and floating eyeballs. I get up, bring the two little ones downstairs to the Airedale blocking the hallway. I yell at the dog to go outside with the two small ones. Hubby finds keys and leaves for his errand when I discover he hadn't even put the coffee on.

Now that's when the mode started. I scoured and cleaned the kitchen trying to get a handle on the rage thinking he might be going to Tim Hortons for coffee as a treat or something. When he got back and I found out he went for fittings for the solar water heater, that's when the brain had a little seizure. He was up first, didn't put coffee on, disturbed me getting me up out of bed and then had the gall...no the utter audacity to buy fittings for his solar water heater. That's when the mode hit. I tried to calm down but when Hubby said I looked cute pouting, that's when the volcano erupted...

I'm much better now. The dogs are snoozing now their bladders aren't pushing into their brains, the coffee aroma has filled the house, the cat is tormenting the Airedale, Hubby happily steering us along the road to Solar Hell and I've decided to serve meatloaf for supper, so all in all things are fine now.

3 comments:

Sue J said...

I love the bit about cross-legged dogs with floating eyeballs. We use the expression, 'My back teeth are awash,' or 'I'm gargling'. My hubby creeps about like a mouse when I'm in bed - a Clydesdale mouse. I don't think the male of the species knows what 'quiet' is.

The Joyful Artist said...

I happen to know you did not feed hubby meatloaf last night, it was chili with your homemade chili powder. I guess he must have done something right yesterday...........

:P

Sue J said...

OK, recipe required. Home made chilli powder. I'm busy making Cauliflower Cheese, yum yum. One of my favourites. Almost forgot the steamer was on. That's the puter for ya.