Thursday, September 27, 2007

Life's Little Battles

I've been staring at the screen for the last 15 minutes trying to assemble some form of thought to write but everything seems very scrambled in my head at the moment. You know, have too many things to do and it all includes heavy lifting or a fight to get it up the stairs and out of the house.

We are in the process of sorting the house out. Its now just the two of us. Border as I mentioned moved out and now its just he and I. I was expecting a huge sense of relief not, "okay, now what?" type of feeling. Hubby and I are rather stressed at the moment which as everyone knows does not help. Its been one battle after another trying to get everything sorted. Do we need this, why do you keep that and the other usual crap that goes with the territory. We need to move the fish in, get the basement cleared out, organize and clean the upstairs bedroom. And let me tell you, we have taken, (Okay Hubby has taken) two full loads to the dump and it looks like there will be another two by the time he is finished.

I did, how ever pick up the first of my Christmas gifts. My idea this year was to find nice but practical gifts and they be as organic or green as possible. Yeah, its a great idea but when you're on a tight budget it makes it even harder. So I figure between Hubby's work place and my work place we might be able to survive it. Next year I think I'll start earlier. Its just hard to wrap my mind around getting ready for Christmas at the moment. But hey the mincemeat is ready for the pie.

The cat and I are having a little battle over his kitty box. I moved it, he ignored the fact. I showed him where it is and he ignored me again after repeating the showing him process. I then bleached and re bleached. I realize he regards me as a mere servant to do his bidding and its going to be a test of wills. Unfortunately, I think his is way stronger than mine but I do have a few tricks up my sleeve.

As for the play, we are approximately one month away from being on stage. Border made the choice of stepping down as Stage Manager by not showing up for a rehearsal. I was really hoping she would not give it up as its about the only thing left in her life that was a positive thing. If she shows tonight I'll give her a reprieve but somehow I don't think she will. So now I have to be on the hunt for a Stage Manager. Yikes, its going to mean a lot of grovelling. Its a good thing I'm a master at it.

To top off my day I have the fun of taking our Airedale into the vets. Do you know how hard it is to try and just take one dog out of the house without a fuss? The neighbours are just going to love the noise when I pull out of the driveway leaving the other four behind. Treats do not work in this case. They know when one gets to go and the others don't. Its okay for Hubby cause then I'm home for the damage control. If its just me, then I'm in for a fight. Maybe I will take all five to the vets and duke it out with them their. Maybe if they see its not always going through the drive through for coffee and dog treats. Okay so I can hope.

Speaking of which, the battle is about to ensue. Lord have mercy on me, cause I'm going to need it.

1 comment:

Sue J said...

I can totally sympathise with you regarding sorting out crap. Since we moved into this place 21 years ago my husband has become a collector of all manner of things. It is just us two now, and I want to look around for something smaller, but he hyperventilates if I mention getting a rubbish skip or thinning out his stuff - mine too. He collects music CDs; DVDs of steam engines and aircraft; Dobro guitars
(12 of those) two mandolins two electric guitars, two banjos; vinyl records (which he swore he would get rid of when CDs came in). He also collects books and magazines and in the garage we have two Indian motorbikes; another one in bits and a Harley in bits. As I keep pointing out, he only has one arse. We also have a Lincoln Continental car which sucks petrol up so fast you would think it was the sink emptying. Oh, and the tools!!! He has a garage crammed with every tool you can think of and sometimes more than one. I wouldn't mind, but he's not a man who likes to tinker about and make things. He usually only goes in the garage if something needs fixing, or I'm on the warpath. It's all treasure, he reckons. When we first got together he had a Dansette record player (remember those?) and about 10 LPs.
I've told him when we have to start walking through the place sideways, I'm off!
That little vent felt good. Thanks for listening :-)))